The Omaha Connect Ride will offer area cyclists the opportunity to do a ride with others in Western Douglas County. There will be three different routes and length of rides, and open to all skill levels. It will be SAGGED with refreshment stops, fully marked routes. Routes will be mostly flat. In addition, we will have a motivational speaker sharing his story and how he found a route to recovery through cycling after a terrible boating accident.
Special Guest Speaker: Steve Nabity
CEO of Accuquilt / Became a world class triathlete at the age of 58 after a severe water skiing accident in 2014
- 6-time Ironman finisher
- 2-time Kona Ironman World Championship Finisher 2016 & 2017
- Brazil South American Ironman Champion 2016
- Ranked #10 in the world 2016
- Ranked #15 in the world 2017
6:30 am - 7:00 am Check-in Metric Century Ride
7:00 am - 7:15 am Guest Speaker—Steve Nabity
7:15 am - 7:45 am Check-in 1/4 & 1/2 Century rides
7:30 am Metric Century ride begins
7:45 am - 8:00 Guest Speaker—Steve Nabity
8:15 am Quarter & Half Century ride begins
A 25-mile ride for all riders.
A 50-mile adventure for the more experienced rider using quiet country roads. Expect a few hills.
100 kilometers or about 63 miles for that great longer distance cyclist.
- Registration Fee* - $45.00 (Prior to August 1, 2018, $55 after 8/1/2018) includes:
- All participants receive a Omaha Connect Ride bike jersey!
- Packet/Jersey pickup Sept. 19-20-21 at Bike Masters (during regular business hours), 5265 N 129th St, Omaha, NE 68164.
- Pancake Man will be serving after you complete your ride.
- Live Music
- SAG Support throughout the event.
- Refreshment stations strategically placed.
Rain or Shine
All rides start and finish at Westridge Elementary School in Elkhorn, 3100 N. 206th Street.
*Registrations will be accepted up to the day of the event, after August 1st, 2018, the entry fee per person will be $55 and your jersey will be mailed 4-6 weeks after the event.
Hosted by: Heartland CBMC